Vlog: #YAforHaters: 5 Book Recs

It's my 500th post! And I'm spending it talking about my favorite thing ever: books. Specifically, awesome books.

In concordance with Megan Whitmer's fabulous #YAforHaters vlog tag, as well as the awesome Twitter tags #PromoteaYAInstead and #NoShameYA, I'm sharing five books I'd recommend to those who haven't read YA or say they don't like YA.

Enjoy!


What books would you recommend to those who haven't read YA or say they don't like YA? 

Twitter-sized bites: 
Writer @Ava_Jae joins @MeganWhitmer's #YAforHaters vlog tag & shares 5 books she'd rec to YA newbies or haters. (Click to tweet
What books would you rec to YA newbies or haters? Writer @Ava_Jae shares her 5 picks: #PromoteaYAInstead #NoShameYA (Click to tweet)

2 comments:

Stacey said...

I wasn't a huge fan of Shadow and Bone, it was OK. The only book on your list I haven't read is Everyday which sounds pretty cool. I'll add it to my list. I agree with the rest (OMG The 5th Wave. I'm still in love with Cassie and its been a year since I read that book) I'd like to add Dangerous Girls, because Omg, yes. (Have you read it? You must read it)
There's actually a girl at work who only reads literary fiction of erotica (nice combination) and I've successfully convinced her to read her first YA which is... The Fault In Our Stars. I showed her the trailer and then she asked me to borrow it. BOOM.
The Hunger Games is a book I suggest to non-readers, not Necessarily YA haters. I have successfully created a handful of readers (mostly YA readers because they now read only things I tell them they must read :) by handing that book out like candy (good thing its only 7$ at target cause I've bought a few too many copies)
Love live YA

Ava Jae said...

Fair enough about Shadow and Bone. Everyone has different tastes. :)


I haven't read Dangerous Girls but I've heard people mention it before! I'll have to check that one out. And naturally I agree with you about The 5th Wave and TFiOS. Both excellent excellent novels.


The Hunger Games is a great suggestion! Come to think of it, I actually know a teenager who started up reading because of THG. And I've converted many others to THG love. :D


Long live YA for sure!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...